to believe in me, I can do that for myself.
I find it amazing how people choose to see what they want to see.
Part of the reason I’d been off writing for so long is because I’m devoting alot of my time to organizing this show, http://www.phyte.ca/pages/ShwatardedConcert.
This show means alot to me, for a bunch of reasons:
1) It’s at Memorial Park. I love that park, like LOVE. Some of the best times of my life have been spent in that park… I have a bunch of footage if you don’t believe me.
2) It’s headlined by a band, and driven by a man, I have not only a great deal of respect for, I’ve also spent some of the best times of my life bopping my head to, and climbing on/back stage with.
3) It’s an opportunity to present several musicians I have spent a great deal of time listening to, admiring, promoting, and getting to know as dedicated, passionate, and driven individuals.
4) It’s become an opportunity for me to get to know several individuals better. I always enjoy discovering new people, and their supportive attitude has infected my perspective, and allowed me to stretch my wings further than I would have otherwise. Nothing makes you take that flying leap like when someone says “I’ve got your back” and you know they mean it. Or “I love you” for that matter.
5) It will be the culmination of several years of hard work and dedication by several extremely intelligent, creative, courageous, and noble individuals… who I hold very dear to my heart, and a show to end all shows as a result of collaboration by so many intelligent, creative, courageous, and noble individuals.
6) It is a show promoting and raising funds for a cause which researches, educates, communicates and strives to improve the lives of so many people, including many close to mine and your hearts, who suffer and die from cancer.
They said Jesus couldn’t perform miracles in his hometown. I scanned the headlines in the old schoolyard sandbox this morning, and found the same old bunch, kicking up sand. I was tempted to join in, but figured I didn’t want sand in my face.
Looks like I’m learnin somthin y’all.